Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thankful Again

Thursday, November 12: I am thankful for CraigsList. Today, I found a beautiful new dining room table listed on it! For the last year and a half, we have been using an old desk that we sanded down and painted. It was a good temporary fix, but adults couldn't really fit under the table while sitting in the chairs. I finally had enough and started looking for a new one. On my first try, I found a gorgeous table from Pottery Barn for a ridiculously cheap price! It honestly was exactly what I was looking for! Isn't it gorgeous?? It matches our current chairs and everything.




Friday, November 13: I am thankful for Outlet Malls! I know this sounds silly, but they seriously save us so much money. We honestly only buy clothes at Outlet Malls because they are at such a discounted price. The styles may be a few months late and the clothes might not be exactly what I want, but otherwise I wouldn't be buying new clothes at all. I am especially grateful today, because on top of the great deals they already offer, a sweet friend shared with me a 30% off your total purchase at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy. We were able to buy so many Christmas presents and needed clothes.

Saturday, November 14: I am thankful for childhood friends. I was so blessed as a child to have a great group of friends around me. Our moms were friends, so we were always playing together. When we moved from Dallas in '98, I lost touch with all those friends. Over the last year or so, so many of my childhood friends have moved back to Dallas. It is such a treat to reconnect with them and rekindle our relationships! I am so loving getting to know them again, this time as adults. What a blessing.

Hallie, Me, Sarah.....just two of the friends I have been able to reconnect with here in Dallas!

1 comment:

catherine said...

hey I am a big outlet mall shopper too. it is compeletly crazy how much cheaper it. it comes in very handed with children because you can buy about 5 times as much at the outlet when compared to the mall.