Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Thankful Heart

Wednesday, November 18: Today, I am thankful for one of my professors who keeps me on my toes by giving me at least one good quote to laugh at each class period. He is one of the most opinionated men I have ever met - which says alot coming from me! He also could care less what you think about him, so he says anything that is on his mind. I love his class. I am actually two more classes from him next semester because I enjoy them so much. I don't agree with everything that he says, but they definitely make me chuckle. Here are some of my favorites so far:

"I'd do the Snoopy dance if they caught Bin Laden"

"Anytime someone tells you their role in life is raising awareness, they really mean they are a parasite." (In reference to the U.N.)

"I don't care if Iran has nuclear weapons. Use them badly or against the U.S., cease to exit [due to U.S. retaliation]!"

Thursday, November 19: I am thankful that Nathan asked me out three years ago today. Crazy, right? So much has happened in three years. We started dating, 5 weeks later I had surgery and he awkwardly met my parents in the waiting room as a tornado ripped the roof off a building across the street, I graduated, I moved to D.C., he stayed in College Station to finish school, he came to visit me in D.C., I came to Texas to visit him, we broke up, we got back together, I moved back to Texas, we got engaged, we both got jobs, we got married, I got laid off, he started traveling to Europe frequently, I started grad school. Wow. Alot can happen in three years. I will say, though, that I wouldn't have wanted to experience the last three years with anyone else!

This picture was taken at Alison and Josh's wedding, the night before he asked if we could start dating.


This picture was taken at their rehearsal dinner that same weekend. I'm wearing his coat because I was cold.....I was seriously hooked by that point!!






No comments: