Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankfulness

November 11, 2009: I am thankful for country music. Silly? Maybe, but I love it! When I moved to Tyler in 8th grade I didn't have many friends, so country music became my lifeline. In part because I simply loved that their music told stories and in part because it was the only radio station we got. In 10th grade when I started driving myself to school, country singers became my friends on the 30 minutes each way drive. To this day if I am alone in our apartment, you will usually find me singing or humming a country song. In my other life, I would have been a country music super star. My ideal vacation would be spent in Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee looking for country stars. I'm convinced that if I ever met Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley or Kellie Pickler we would be BFF's. I may or may not follow my favorites on Twitter......

No comments: