Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanks again

Sunday, November 15: I am thankful for funny websites that can make me smile, regardless of how stressful my day might have been. My most recent discover is mylifeisaverage.com. Some of my favorites....

A few days ago, my 7 year old sister found out that 'math' was short for 'mathematics.' Since then, she's been asking for the longer version of words to sound more intellectual. I had forgotten that I told her that the soda Coke was short for cocaine. I only remembered when she ordered cocaine to go with her dinner at a fancy restaurant with our extended family. MLIA.

A while ago I introduced my father to my first boyfriend. The only thing my dad said to him was "If you hurt my daughter, remember I have a shovel and woods. No one will find the body." Several months later, he broke up with me. Today, my dad and I were at Home Depot buying a shovel. my ex saw us, and my dad pointed to the shovel. The look on my ex's face was priceless. MLIA

The other day I was thinking about how not all the MLIAs about old people could be true. Then today I got a call from my grandfathers nursing home saying that he faked a heart attack around some of the new nurses scaring the life out of them. Apparently he does this to every batch of new employees.MLIA

Today, the sinks flooded in the girls bathroom, somebody wrote in lipstick "the chamber of secrets has been opened", I love my school. MLIA

If you are looking for another way to waste time I would recommend peopleofwalmart.com. Amazing.

Monday, November 16: Today, I am thankful for Gilmore Girls. I love the small town charm, quick wit and characters who I secretly wish were my best friends. I am fairly convinced that if I ever ran into Alexis Bledel or Lauren Graham we would instantly becomes friends. It's so delightful to come home at the end of a long day of studying to find multiple episodes recorded on our DVR (which I am also very very thankful for....)

No comments: